Speektra | Retro Chipspeak Synthesizer
Speektra is a speech simulation synthesizer based on the VOSIM method developed by Kaeg. ` | gi and Tempelaars in the 1970s. It uses bursts of pulses with formant characteristics to synthesize& h c roboti4 h 2c vowel sounds.
VOSIM (VOice SIMulation) sound synthesis is based on the idea that by eC v $ . 3 . 2mploying repeating tone-burst signals of variable pulse duration a& I g ind variable dk p Y \elay,Y 7 | x b d a sound output of high linX Y _ | aguistic and musicI 8 q 2al expressive power ca8 ( 8n be obtained.
– Journal of the Audio Eng= Z @ine/ T 8 $ ^ = ^ering So% w e m D sciety, June, 1978
The Puremagnetik implementation of VOSIM stretches things a bit further, allowing you to seamlessly morph between vowels, manually or via a modulator. Youb k O % 4 T 0 can also choose your voice register (BaX n V 1 0 ` j kss to Soprano). Designed+ w @ Y with a versatilef C a ~ I ^ T set of controls, Speektra excels as a lead voice synth, a percussive vocal, or a choral drone.
– VOSIM-based vocal synthesis
– Manual or modulated control of vocal morph functions
– Random function for inter-note modulations
– Voice register selection
– Integrates into any VST / Audio Units compatible host
– Includes a collection ofz 1 \ l h ! factory presets
–5 n ? & 1 x OSX[ w K 10.8 or Windows 10 x64
– Audio Units or VST compatible audio host